Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's not always "all about ME", Snoopy

He's back! This is no stray, but an outdoor cat that my neighbor recently confessed to be feeding. I had to confess right back that we are feeding him, too.

Since we have lived here we have had a few of these cats who come and look in pitifully and that we have fed. One of them came for six years and I will admit that I cried the day I saw him laying dead on the side of the road. He'd almost become "our" outside cat because we fed him every single day that we were available for six years. We named him "Moocher". He would see my car turn in from the road and he'd race me home and roll on the driveway waiting to be petted. I miss my "Moochie" still.

Now this cat has been regular for the past month or so - I've dubbed him Moocher II. I'm not sure if he'll last as long as his predecessor did, but if he comes, we'll feed him.

No comments: