Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One step forward, two steps back

Will be back later to update this entry. Let's just say that just when I feel we are over the hump, we have a setback. Nothing serious, just a surprise encounter that scared both cats silly.

I don't think Don understands that we must let these cats make their own peace and not try to force it. This morning he picked SI (Snoopy) up and put her on the sofa and SII (Sakaura) was under the coffee table. SI jumped off the sofa right into the waiting face of SII and all hell broke loose. Screams of terror right under my feet as I drank my first cup of coffee. Not a good scene at all.

Before I left for work I was able to coax SII out from under the coffee table with treats and this allowed SI to sneak past her and down the stairs.

It is just going to take time and a hands off attitude. We can manage that (I think).

No comments: