Saturday, February 23, 2008

How to prevent cat fights

That is the subject of my research this morning. Earlier we had to literally force Snoopy upstairs to eat her breakfast which is most unusual for her. Then when she finished and thought she could sneak from the bathroom into her bedroom hideout, Sakaura spotted her and chased her under the bed.

But all my research says is give it time. I did find this interesting quote from one of the advice givers.
Just to give you some of my background experience with cats, when we lived in Las Vegas, my wife and I had a total of 42 cats. (not all at once) Only four of them were our regular "family." Needless to say we were cat lovers. My wife is now gone, but I still can't live without a cat. A home without a cat is just another piece of mundane architecture.

I really feel bad for Snoopy, but she is not in any danger. She is just afraid and all we can do is wait for her to realize that she doesn't need to be scared. Will that sink in? I am not sure but I will still hold out hope.

On a positive note, Sakaura let me clip her nails this morning. And we also put more ear mite drops in. During the night I heard her several times shake her head and scratch, so I know the mites are still bothering her. She's back to sleeping most of the night at my feet. And, seriously, who can resist this little face? The tongue just slays me!

No comments: