Friday, March 21, 2008

Early morning showdown

I really thought that the twice daily doses of Rescue Remedy were working well. Snoopy has gotten more independent and will move from room to room (somewhat) on her own with little prodding or coaxing.

Don said he heard screeching at 2 a.m., but I slept through that. But right before I left for work, Don had Snoopy out on the living room sofa and we both left the room. I was in the kitchen so I could see that Sakaura was ready for attack. Before I could grab the water bottle she jumped up on the sofa - slapped Snoopy and then jumped down. Snoopy freaked and jumped off the sofa and got behind and under it. This is something she could never have done before, but she's thinner and this could be a new hiding place.

I had to get the water bottle and spray her to get her out. She ran into her room and was hiding under the bed when I left.

They just don't get it. I thought Snoopy handled the attack well - she just stayed in her place BUT when she then slithered under the furniture, that proved my theory wrong. We were both all wet this morning!

No comments: