Sunday, July 19, 2009

Snoopy bathing


Snoopy bathing
Originally uploaded by fbruehl

She always grooms herself when she has the short hair but once that stuff starts to grow out she just gives up.

No real change, but that also means she has gotten no worse, so that is good. I know we need to bring her in to have her blood tests run. I am putting that off, since I know they will need to give her a mild sedative in order to be able to draw the blood.

Maybe we will have that done later in the fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just took in a stray who appears to have hyperthyroidism. I'm looking for treatment options and I'm very curious about your experiences. How long has your cat been on Resthyro?

Flo said...

We started on June 12, so we are in the 6th week. I have not had her blood tests run since we started the Resthyro. So any idea that she is better is simply my own perception.

I do plan on having more blood tests run. I hate the thought of giving her the thyroid medication, but her readings were very low and if we do go the prescription route, we will likely use the transdermal version. I refuse to give her anything nasty tasting by mouth.

But I am hoping the Resthyro has done some actual good.