Sunday, August 16, 2009

Snoopy - 8/15


Snoopy - 8/15
Originally uploaded by fbruehl

We started the thryoid medication last Tuesday morning. We have had no trouble at all administering it. Thank God for compounding pharmacies who can make "flavored" liquid medicines. I chose fish flavored and later wondered if perhaps I should have gone for the chicken flavor, but so far the fish has worked well.

I am not sure that I can tell any difference yet, and maybe we won't be able to tell much difference. We are to make an appointment after she's been on this medication for two weeks to have new blood tests done. I guess we will need to see if the current (tiny) dose is enough, too much, or whatever.

We are still giving her the Resthyro in the evenings. I am not sure that is needed, but I have the medicine, and it did seem to calm her a bit, so we will continue.

She's is gradually getting braver. She no longer fears Sakaura, but she avoids her and does not openly associate with her. Yesterday, Snoopy was licking food off a spoon and Sakaura used that as an opportunity to walk up to her and take a big sniff. A year and a half and they are still so aloof.

No comments: