Monday, January 18, 2010

Georgia playing


Georgia playing
Originally uploaded by fbruehl

What a funny cat this is. We really should have changed her name to Snoopy except we already have a cat with that name. She is just so curious - about everything.

Yesterday we came in from shopping and I had tons of bags, so unloaded some on the floor and went back to the car to get more. The cat girls were all nosing around in the plastic bags, just like curious children. In one of the bags I had a 12X magnifying mirror. My eyesight is so poor that I use mirrors like that to put on mascara (without my glasses). Georgia found that mirror and we almost died laughing. She started stalking the gigantic 12X cat. I pulled the mirror out of the bag and put it so she could get a good view and we watched. She would twist and turn her head and sneak up and then jump back, and I thought she was finally afraid of something. Wrong! After a bit more investigation, she ran up to the mirror and slapped the giant cat! She is fearless.

I wish I had a video camera to have recorded that episode. Don and I were both laughing so hard.

She and Sakaura fight now. It's not serious fighting, and Georgia is a real instigator. She will run up to Sakaura and take a quick slap and then continue on her merry way.

Snoopy had her hair all shaved last week, so she's much more agile now and she takes nothing from Georgia. She's even slapped her when she gets too close and nosy.

Snoopy's blood tests returned better results. Her T3 (or is it T4) levels are dropping but Dr. K would like to see them go a bit lower. Her Methimazole dosage was raised from 1.5ml/day to 2ml/day.

Georgia continues to roam free. I am not sure where she sleeps at night, but sometimes I wake to feel her sleeping on top of my feet.

This morning both Sakaura and Georgia were trying to sleep on my feet. So we woke to hissing and slapping noises. Thank goodness it was pretty close to wake up time anyway.

There is never a dull moment!

No comments: