Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another day in the books

I must confess that while Snoopy was eating her dinner, shut up in the bathroom (she prefers this), I took a look at the vile pink medicine all drawn up in the syringe, and I squeezed it down the drain in the kitchen sink. If that 1.5 ML of medicine stands between her and health, I am sorry. I think the stress to both of us of forcing it down is certainly not making either of us healthier.

Then she slept contentedly on the sofa all through the football game. We finally carried her downstairs for the sub-Q. Don's rigged up a place near the futon to leave the fluid bag hanging, so we can administer the stuff quickly before she gets all riled up. We had one incident where she lost the needle tonight, but I put it back and we got the 100 ML of fluids in.

Tomorrow we only have one small pill twice, and the fluids in the evening. It's like the work is cut in half!

No comments: