Friday, December 21, 2007

Cat Wrangling - Day Three

Cat came home on Monday night with lots of medicine and sub-Q fluids to be administered daily. I’ve hoped to get into some sort of routine. I think we are getting there but something always falls through the cracks.

Day one was heck with the liquid medicines but the fluid went well. Day two we did a decent job with the liquid meds, but she jerked the needle out and only got half the fluids.

Today is Day Three. So far we gave her a pill with a PillPocket - great invention! She took the pill without even realizing it. She ate a pretty decent breakfast and a half an hour or so later, I tried to give her the two liquid meds. I guess she got more than half of each of them down - lots of drooling and spitting and fighting us.

Immediately after the meds, she went back to the food bowl so I gave her treats. She’s hiding under the bed today - yesterday I blocked that off so she slept downstairs on the futon all day. More medicine tonight and the dreaded sub-Q.

And I am instituting a new rule - NO treats except at medicine time - I want her to make that association. Let’s hope it works.

No comments: