Friday, December 28, 2007

Outsmarted - by a cat!

I suppose it had to happen. The Pill Pockets no longer fool the cat. She promptly ate the treat around the pill this morning. I picked the pill up off the floor and stuffed it into another pocket and she did the same thing. I buried the pill in her canned food, and you guessed it -- she ate all around the pill.

Pill down the drain. One more to go with dinner tonight. I may try the pill crusher, but if she won't eat her food with that, she will just be minus one day of the Clavamox.

Today we get an update from her bloodwork. I am cautiously optimistic. I think she will need a low dosage of insulin, but I am not a vet so I'm not sure of that. I hope she can get off the sub-Q fluids, but for some reason I don't know if that will happen right now.

She is not back to normal. Her appetite is off or has changed dramatically. She still does not "poop" every day - which alarms me a bit. And I don't see her drinking water, but that does not mean she does not drink. I think if she was not on the sub-Q she might go to the "bubbler" more, but can't be sure of that.

Off today - and she is a bit more skitterish - I suppose the trip to the vet yesterday made her feel less comfy with us. She's found a new hiding spot - under my bed. We'll be out of the house a lot today, so hopeful that when we get home she will welcome us and not be so fearful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: