Friday, December 14, 2007

Why me, Mom?

So Snoopy is constipated. The trip to the vet yesterday was not very productive. Snow had begun to fall and they were in a rush to close shop and go home for the day. I can't fault them for that - it was horrid on the roads.

Anyway, we had to go out and get Metamucil and baby food and fed her that, dosed her with mineral oil, and late in the afternoon she threw the entire mess up. The litter box remained unused this morning, but the cat is hungry. I am taking that as a positive sign, but what do I know?

I gave her a tiny bit of food - she turned her nose up at the baby food/Metamucil/mineral oil mixture though. Since she's not drinking water at all, I poured her a small bowl of skim milk which she drank.

Now she is back under the bed - she goes back to the vet in a half hour or so. I hope they can relieve her and we can get her back home and well again.

No comments: