Friday, January 25, 2008

Cat Wars

Yesterday Snoopy was sitting innocently on the sofa not knowing that her evil "parents" were plotting to bring a rival into her happy home. Now that the deed is done, I feel really bad.

We picked up Sakaura this afternoon, and arrived home right at Snoopy's dinnertime. She's been such a chowhound of late - but she refused to eat. She's not at all happy about this turn of events. But then neither is Sakaura.

Sakaura has hidden under our bed, I'm not sure where Snoopy is hiding at this point. Snoopy did come out long enough to eat a partial can of Fancy Feast. She's been woofing an entire can down and begging for more. Hope this is just temporary.

They are similar but very different. Sakaura (I can tell that name is not going to stick too long ... I am thinking of a nickname already - maybe Saki. Anyway, Sakaura is a small cat, much smaller than Snoopy. She's soft and she seems to have a sweet personality. She has a LOUD mouth and protested being put in the cat carrier and riding in the car. I was able to hold her in my arms for most of the trip - she was calm and sat there letting me stroke her.

Hope she comes out of hiding soon!

No comments: