Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New litter box

It arrived this afternoon. So we filled it with its "litter" - safflower seeds! Brought it downstairs and replaced the other litter box and then I took Snoopy down to explore. She stepped right into it, and then she squatted and peed! No big deal. I did a test strip but I didn't have a watch to time the results. I think it came out normal, but it did darken up over time. But you are supposed to take the "reading" at exactly 10 seconds. At any rate it was not alarmingly dark, IF it was dark at all, so we'll test again tomorrow.

She has an appointment with her regular vet on Monday for a BG curve. I am wondering if she doesn't have some sort of stress related reaction though that may make those tests inaccurate.

And she has fallen in love - with the cardboard box the litterbox was shipped in - her new bed!

No comments: