Thursday, January 3, 2008

Testing strips

Last night late, Don did a second test strip with fresh urine and it came back "negative". That is great news. I am tempted to cancel the BG curve appointment because I think she has a stress induced high BG reading at the vet's office.

We will see.

At least now we can furnish the vet with fresh urine that he can test, and we can closely monitor her at home.

She's accepted the new box so far, but she's only urinated in it - today should tell the tale of how well she will accept it otherwise. She certainly did not like using the cystals, so we may have to keep out two litter boxes and just cover the second one most of the time.

I am encouraged about the "diabetes" though. I've done a bit of research and maybe she never had full blown diabetes at all. If she did, she is certainly in remission now.

One of my cat lover friends at work who has several Rags swears that it is a miracle - she offered up prayers to some saint back when Snoopy was in the hospital. I will not discount that, either.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: