Tuesday, February 5, 2008

3 o'clock in the morning?

That is when the scream came from the kitchen - I suppose the two cats crossed paths and Sakaura screamed - Snoopy growled (and ran and hid). So I tried to get back to sleep. Surely they will realize it is the middle of the night, right? Wrong. Sakaura walks across the dresser by my bed, knocking stuff around and then comes and sits and stares at me, purring LOUDLY. That won't work? How about jumping into the bed and walking around? Still not getting me up, cat!

Within the next hour, I hear all sorts of noises of destruction, causing me to get up to see what the heck was going on. Sakaura had managed to get into my hall closet/pantry and was nosing around, likely climbing! Anyway, once I was up, there was no way I'd ever get back to sleep, so I started the coffee.

I discovered that the dry cat food bowl was totally empty so that is the reason for the nocturnal prowling and yowling - must make a note to make sure there is always food in there. Sakaura is a grazer, and I guess she was just hungry.

It will be a LONG day here - yawn!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: