Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not a happy ending

I hope we have made the right decision.  The doctor who examined Snoopy this morning did not have a very good prognosis.  Because of the rapid onset and the fact that she was so filled with fluid, the suspicion was cancer.  The poor old girl was so sick that I could not even imagine taking this further.  IF it had been one of my younger cats, I'd have said yes - let's find out and treat it.  But Snoopy at almost 16 has already had her share of health problems-- diabetes, the thyroid disease, and a heart murmer.  I do not think she would have come back from any agressive testing and treatment.

Of course, the doctor can never tell you what to do.  But she said it was not a bad decision.  She said we had taken very good care of the cat over her lifetime, and I do hope and pray that is true.

Rest In Peace, Sweet Snoopy.
08/16/94 - 05/30/10

Now these three are back together again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Flo. Yes you made the right decision. I love my vet. She told me that our animals let us know when it's time. And she was right. You did the right thing. I'm very sorry for your loss.


Leenybean from DWLZ