Saturday, December 22, 2007

Done for another day!

We have one more day - two more doses of the icky pink medicine. Tonight I held her mouth open and got Don to shoot the stuff into her. I think we got about 90% - a little bit more than last time. No problem at all with the nighttime pill. We have salmon flavored Pill Pockets just in case she tires of the chicken flavor. And we are still giving her beloved PetroMalt as an incentive/treat.

We waited until after our dinner and then did the sub-Q. Don held her and I manned the needle. No problem with that at all. It still freaks me out to stick that big needle in her, but as long as she doesn't flinch, I don't suppose it even bothers her. It hurts me more than it hurts her I am sure.

We had no luck with the urine testing. We put out an almost empty litter box. She did go into it and looked so lost. So I felt bad and pulled out her regular box with the crystal litter. I know we need to have a reading of her sugar levels, but what can I do. She will not pee on command or in an empty container.

We've ordered a Smart Cat Box but likely will not get it til late next week. I know the vet is not going to be happy with us, but it is what it is. I am hoping that if her sugar is up she will at least show some signs - like increased thirst, or something. Otherwise, we just don't know and probably won't until we can either bring her in for testing or get the new box.

I have a terrible back ache - I think I've twisted it with some of the contortions I have had to perform in order to wrestle this cat. I'm taking an Advil and going to bed early.

No comments: