Thursday, February 7, 2008

Aromatherapy?

Last night I stopped into Pet Barn near my house. It's a local store, not one of the big box chains. They have mostly organic foods, so I thought perhaps they might have the spray bottle of Feliway that I wanted to try along with the electronic diffuser I got at Petco. I looked all around and could not spot it, so I waited for the clerk behind the counter.

She did not have Feliway, but did have an assortment of "natural and holistic" remedies made locally, which I found interesting. I purchased a bottle of spray called "Cat Nap" which was basically made from chamomile and lavender. It has a nice scent, and I do think it may be helping.

Okay so the cats are not best buddies BUT there was no screeching, hissing, growling, etc. last night or this morning.

And the lady also gave me a bag of "organic catnip" that is being distributed by the owner of the Pet Store. I offered some to both Snoopy and Sakaura. Snoopy had no use for it, but Sakaura began to EAT it. I did some research online and apparently some cats will eat catnip, and also found that not all cats respond to catnip. It's a genetic thing. Who knew?

AND I just discovered another product that I may order from Cat Faeries. It is called Multi Cat Household Harmony. This could become a new obsession ... trading purses for cat home remedies.

I took new pictures this morning but time got away from me and I had to clean snow off my car which took up some extra time so I didn't get any uploaded. Will do that later today.

No comments: